with FM (Functional Mobility) Yoga
If you are experiencing significant muscle tension, it is likely due to
inhibited or dormant muscles from improper form or an injury*,
overactive muscles, or your muscles are compensating.
Reduce muscle tension & increase reaction time
A muscle will experience a reduction in strength and power when one muscle becomes inhibited or dormant and, therefore, dysfunctional. When this happens, there is a build up of physical and emotional stress and tension for the athlete.
- Re-activate dormant/inhibited muscles
- Eliminate the need for some muscles to compensate for the inhibited muscles
- Improve muscular strength and power
- Think more clearly
- React more quickly
- Feel better overall
- Improve sleep patterns
The breathing I learned in FM Yoga class noticeably improved my recovery time in the crease.Kyle Porter, ACES goalie
Yoga poses create a lasting improvement when practiced regularly by:
- Changing an athlete’s pattern of movement
- Activating muscles that have been inhibited/dormant
- Stopping the need for other muscles to compensate
Learn to harness the power of your parasympathetic nervous system which can provide:
- Clearer thinking
- Improved reaction time
- Healthier muscles
- Helping to stay, when appropriate, in our parasympathetic nervous system (eliminating chronic stress)
**Check with your doctor to determine if the tension is due to injury. Once you have your doctor’s permission, then and only then, should you do yoga.